Thanks for a great 2023 race! The results have been posted below, along with additional results from previous years.
The 2023 race is on Saturday, August 19 at 8:00 AM. The Fun Run is at 9:00 AM. Race-day registration and check-in for the 5K take place from 7:00 to 7:45 AM.
Please register early & online! The strongly preferred method to register for the 5K is to fill out the web form on this page, save it to PDF, and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can print out a hard copy of the completed form and bring it to the race, or register on race day. Free jar of honey to the first 100 registrants!
5K (8:00 AM) FEE:
Pay on race day. The fee for Hancock residents is $5 and the fee for non-residents is $10. Checks should be made out to "Ginger Smith, Race Director".
FUN RUN (9:00 AM):
No online registration. Sign in on race day anytime from 7:30 on. The Fun Run is free. The course is a 200-yard circuit around the town green between the Congregational Church and the Town Hall.
WHERE TO GO:
On race day, go to registration and check-in in front of the church vestry on Main Street, in the center of Hancock, just to the east of the Congregational Church.
is limited but available along Main Street, behind the Town Office Building, and behind the Library. Do not park at the Post Office.
go to the top three females and males in the following age groups: 13 and under, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+. (Awards will not be mailed. Please be present at the awards ceremony.) Ribbons for all Fun Run finishers!
RACE DAY MISC.:
- Bathrooms are available at registration and finish.
- Water station at around 2.1 miles.
- Bring the family and enjoy the tradition of Old Home Day! Activities throughout the day include a parade, crafts, food, and entertainment.
PAST RACE RESULTS
We figured out that the Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine has archives of Cool Running, the otherwise-defunct longtime host for our race results. So we’ve retrieved results from many more years than previously available and added them here!
- From Nashua: Take 101 West to Peterborough. From Peterborough, take 202 North. About 2 miles after Eastern Mountain Sports, turn left on 123. Follow 123 into downtown Hancock.
- From Keene: Take 101 East to Peterborough, then follow the rest of the above directions from Peterborough.
- From Central Mass.: Take 202 North through Peterborough, then follow the rest of the above directions from Peterborough.
- From Concord: Take 202 South through Antrim. About 3 miles beyond the center of Antrim, turn right on 137. Follow 137 into downtown Hancock.
5K RACE COURSE
A bee-utiful and challenging course through Hancock, NH on tree-lined paved and gravel roads, with two fun hills!
See the course map below. The 5K starts at 8:00 AM on School Street near the Hancock Elementary School playing fields. From there:
- Start on School Street going south toward Main Street.
- Left onto Main Street.
- Left again onto Rt. 137 (Bennington Road) and down the hill.
- Bear right on Evergreen Hill Road (dirt) and go up hill #1.
- After the crest of the hill, at the intersection, turn left onto Antrim Road.
- Down the gradual hill and past Mile 1.
- Cross Rt. 137 and soon bear left onto Garand Rd, which quickly becomes a footpath.
- Cross the Betty Pels Bridge onto Mill Road and go up hill #2.
- At the end of Mill Road, turn left onto Longview Road.
- Mile 2 is along Longview Road. At the end of Longview, bear right onto Rt. 137.
- Past the fire station and up a small hill, then right onto Main Street.
- Finish on Main Street in front of the registration area near the church vestry.
- Fill out the form. All fields are required.
- Click the button and review your info.
- If you need to revise anything, click the button to return to the form.
- Once you're ready to save your info, click . This will open the print dialog.
- The strongly preferred option is to save your info to PDF in the print dialog (see instructions below), with the filename formatted as "Last,First.pdf" (replace with your own last and first name), and email the PDF to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can print a hard copy of the filled-out form and bring it to the race.
- Pay the registration fee on race day. See Race Info for details.
Instructions for saving to PDF in different browsers:
- Chrome, Edge: Choose the PDF option in the Destination or Printer part of the print dialog.
- Other Mac browsers: Select the PDF dropdown menu in the lower part of the print dialog, then choose Save as PDF.
- Other Windows browsers may need an add-on/plugin such as PDFCreator.
Run for the Honey 2023 – 5K Registration
Please review the information you have filled in, revise if needed, and then save to PDF or print:
In consideration of this entry being accepted, I hereby, for myself and my heirs, executors or administrators, waive and release any claims or cause of action that I may have against the Town of Hancock, the Old Home Day Committee, or the sponsors of this race, jointly and severally, for any and all injuries, loss or damages I incur before, during or after the race.